ICONIC Dentistry is a new name for an already-existing group practice that has been passed down from different owner dentists but kept in continuous operation in multiple locations in Orange County since the 1970s. The doctors at ICONIC have all known each other and worked collaboratively in the past. As part of a combined effort to modernize and to embrace practicing dentistry in the 21st Century, these doctors combined resources and built a brand new dental office in Tustin and relocated here in 2017.
Together, the current team of doctors has over 50 years of combined experience in research and clinical practice. Our in-house periodontal specialist, Dr. Sheldon Lu, has served with the United States Army both in active duty and the reserve component, as well as a member of the California Army National Guard. In these positions, Dr. Lu has provided quality care to men and women in uniform for almost 15 years before coming to private practice.
Along with the move we also welcomed the acquisition of some state-of-the-art equipment that allow us to better serve our patients:
- Now a cloud-based, completely digital practice management system.
- An integrated digital 2D x-ray imaging system. (Less radiation exposure)
- A digital 3D x-ray imaging system, aka cone beam CT.
- A multi-purpose digital scanning system for caries detection and implant treatment planning.
- A microscope. (Allows more precise and detailed execution of dental procedure.)
- A surgical navigation system. (Allows more accurate implant surgeries.)
- An oxygen energizer for non-invasive oxygen/ozone therapies. (click here to learn more)
- Several dental lasers for minimally invasive procedures and surgeries. (click here to learn more)
- Most reliable implant products.
- The latest and best in regenerative and surgical instruments and materials.
With the best tools of the trade we aim to deliver even better quality dental care. The new digital x-ray systems will cut down on patient and staff exposure to harmful radiation; 3D scanner makes possible the planning and precise execution of surgeries; the use of soft and hard tissue lasers result in decreased post-op swelling and pain, as well as faster recovery.
Our workhorse implant system is from none-other-than the very first implant company in the world Nobel Biocare. Designed and manufactured in Sweden, US, Japan, and Israel, Nobel implants and parts are exclusively used by the US and Canadian military branches, as well as the VA healthcare system. Backed by years of research and clinical experience from thousands of implant surgeons and dentists, we have picked a great choice that’s sure to deliver the best possible results while minimizing incidences of implant failure.
As a new and growing team of dental professionals working to help you achieve better oral health, we believe in taking all the right steps and precautions to ensure a lasting result that keeps you smiling for years to come.